Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sometimes Happy, Sometimes not so much.....

Some things make me very happy. I just recently opened a show with Evolution theatre called Playing Bare, which has a great cast and crew – so come see it!! And the wonderful show that was The Anger in Ernest and Ernestine was nominated as Best Theatrical Production for Le Prix Golden Cherry (Saw Gallery), as well as my co-actor – the fabulous Riley Stewart. Also, the show I am co-directing with my hubby for Tototoo Theatre is going very well indeed. So theatrically speaking, all is super duper. Except I didn’t get that part at GCTC that I wanted even though I had a second call back (OH SO CLOSE). But that is another story.

On another note: You know what annoys me …Agents….talking FOR famous people without having had asked said famous person if they would like to do something we think they’d be willing to do for a wonderful Charitable cause….I can’t say more on that…but Agents irk me. Someday I will expand on this cryptic paragraph…but not today.

However, some things really really make me very ANGRY. I live in a beautiful, peaceful and quiet neighbourhood called Manor Park. It’s full of greenspace, the RCMP Musical Ride, the Aviation Museum, Rockliffe Airbase, lots of doggie walks, people can cycle on the parkway on Sundays…..HOWEVER, the NCC in its infinite wisdom (sense the sarcasm here) has decided for us that the best place to put the Interprovincial Bridge is right in front of my house in this beautiful area. Are they NUTS!!!!!! They are apparently letting the truckers decide where the best route is for them. Give me a break! What about the thousands of people who live there every day? What about the Long Term Care facility and Montfort Hospital right beside the Avaition Parkway (I can’t see HOW they’d be able to expand there with the hospital banking on one side and big beautiful homes on the other). It’s pure political pressure, not thought or consideration for the residents of this lovely place.

WE are ready to FIGHT! I am so angry right now this is all I can write. ARRRRGGGHHH.

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey