Monday, April 7, 2008

I am de-shoe-flated!

I am attending the first annual Rideau Awards next Sunday and so went shoe shopping to get a snazzy pair of shoes to go with my fabulous dress. I felt that since Ernestine was nominated for an award, I would take her shopping to update her look from those terrible Red faux snakeskin loafers (which caused me, the actress, much pain in the heels) to some sassy red high heels. I bought these really nice shoes yesterday at Frou Frou in the market – after I already bought another pair of really cool shoes. But I decided that these were better. Both were candy apple red patentleather and sling backs….let me tell you something about sling back shoes, they don’t stay where they are suppose to. They slide down the heel. And one must keep having to fix them, but they just fall down again. I found this out whilst trying to break in this new pair. A few days ago this very thought kind of past my mind when I tried the ensemble with the other red shoes for my hubby – with Nylons….these seemed to slip on the right foot. I didn’t think much else of that. Until I brought the new ones to work today….I was all proud, until I walked to the kitchen then back to my desk at my work and they were slipping.

I’m pissed.

I even bought some of these Dr. Scholl’s silicone heel thingys and seemed to work with barefeet….they still don’t with nylons and I am doubtful they will truly work with barefeet.

So now I have to not only bring back BOTH pairs with head down, but I have to start from scratch…..I really liked those shoes too.

I’m pouting…..I think I might try double sided tape as a last ditch effort.

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey