Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It’s Official! I will admit it…

I am an IDIOT!

Normally I would not admit such embarrassing things about myself but this story of my idiocy is too good not to share….if I am going to laugh at myself, why not let the world laugh with me.

So, Tim and I go out for dinner on Saturday night to my friend Janet's in New Edinburgh...lovely evening. Good food, nice people, tasty wine, we celebrated Earth Day by candle light. We go home....I look for my house key. No where to be found. I emptied my purse, looked in all my pockets, the right one, the left one, the inside pocket...NOTHING. Tim doesn't have his key. So we drive back to Janet's. Thank god she doesn't live far! We looked where we parked and on the path to her house. I went in her house, backtracked. NOTHING. So I say "what do we do...OH my folks have a key, I'll call them on my cell". I start to dial. FRIG. My parents are in St . Sauveur for the weekend....well I think to myself what the "F" are we gonna do now...I call my brother Marc, because they have a key for my mom's house, and just get them to call my aunts place in St. Sauveur to tell us where the key is (turns out they don't have a key anyways).....no answer. FUCK.

So we call a Locksmith. 40 min later and $141 we are in the house......Yay, the puppies that are stuck in the upstairs bedroom are saved as their owners are home and they are happy. They don’t realize that one of their owners is really a huge dumbass. (well they probably do. I am pretty sure Abby thinks both of us are complete idiots, but that is another blog story).

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon and we are still swearing and cursing and laughing about the expensive loss. I am wearing the same jacket I wore the night before and we are running errands. We are in the car and Tim says " you should have just put the key in that little side sleeve pocket that you have there"......I suddenly flashback to Saturday evening when I locked the door, put the house key IN the side pocket saying to myself in my inner monologue “Boy I sure hope I don’t forget I put the key in this side pocket” (which I failed to check when I was looking for the key Sat. night when I thought I lost it) ....then I start laughing....and I say to Tim " OH MY, you are never going to believe this" ....Laughing, I dramatically unzip the wee pocket and HEAVENS there is the key!

I'm an idiot. But now we have 2 extra cut keys!!!

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey